Saturday, December 12, 2009

Turning 30..

2 more sundays before i turn 30.Its a nervous wait.So much is spoken about people crossing over to the next decade.But they dont speak about the last two weeks of being 29.How am I supposed to behave?Do i move gracefully towards that magic number.Am i supposed to introspect,retrospect and then take the plunge?Am i supposed to live the last 2 weeks as if it was my last and then wake up on 1st and say ok! I am thirty and hang up my boots?Am i going to go through some mega hormonal changes and suffer from PTS,Pre Thirty Syndrome?I dont have a clue but i know for sure that when i wake up as a thirty year old,life is gonna be different. Good different or bad different,that i have to figure out. But its gonna be a huge leap, a leap that i will be forced to take. Whether i take it happily or not,will chart the course for da next ten years. I know a lot of people will roll their eyes and tell me that it doesnt matter, but guess what- they are not the ones going through this. We shall talk to them when they are at this brink. But i guess its gonna be nice thinkin about the last ten years. When i was growing up. Last ten years have been eventful to say the least. I have learnt a lot, sometimes unwillingly.I graduated, worked in a call center for 1. 5 years, did my mba, joined advertising, in between all that i fell in love and dated him for nearly 6 years,moved from hyderabad to mumbai to bangalore and back to mumbai, got married, got divorced, stayed alone, dated some of the good and not so good men, partied like crazy, made a lot of new friends, lost a few old ones, held on to some of my old buddies, fell into love, lust, infatuation, attraction, got promoted at work, woke up to some mornings with new hope, woke up to rest of them in despair, sailed through some months, dragged through the others - in a nutshell, i learnt to live.I realise that i wont trade my last ten years for anything. All i hope is that the next ten teaches me more. Yeah, i hope im happy. I dont mind the wrinkles, painful knee joints when i run around too much, the hangovers after a night out, the pangs of jealousy when i look at twenty somethings.. I hope i am happy and excited like a teenager.I hope that i dont grow old in my head. I also know that with age comes more responsibility. A sudden need to plan my life a little better. A need to start saving. To chalk out better plans like buying a house, a car rather than planning to spend a weekend in Goa. But thats the fun of life. I am gonna make a wish list for the next ten years. And break it up year wise. I guess thats gonna be my ten year strategy. And in between all that, i am gonna live. So when i am 39 and have two weeks to go to turn 40, i can happily say that i lived my life with no regrets. Ok. So if its a brand new beginning, i am ready to go.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment